Marketing Methods for Small Business - List
There are many Free and Paid Options for you to market your product or website - listed below are just a few.
Free Sales / Marketing Methods List:
- Direct Sales (eg Cold-Calling, Phone / telemarketing, etc)
- Flyers / Pamphlets (for local offline marketing)
- Articles (....to attract new visitors to your website, & therefore potential customers...)
- Tweets & other Social Media
- Bookmarking Websites
- Web Directories (free)
- Social Media - Promote your website or product to your friends and family, or have your own Facebook page and followers set up for you to market to. If you don't already have one, SocialMediaMarketingPlatform.com can create a social media profile design for you that is professional and fast. You can also buy social web traffic packages from Web-Traffic-Services.com.
- Coupon websites (you could offer a coupon discount...)
- Banners (placed on YOUR website, and if available to you, also placed on your friends, family, and associates websites - eg: perhaps even your accountant, dentist or other service-professional might agree to do a banner-swap with you if you ask them nicely....)
- Competitions - You could run a competition and then promote it widely
- Community Notice Boards (offline AND online versions...) - Note: For offline notice boards you will need to get some flyers or brochures designed and then printed.....
- SELL banner ad space on your site (....we suggest to sell cheaply in order to earn yourself some easy cash QUICKLY, and also to attract the buyers attention, but it's your call - charge whatever price you think your particular niche market will support).
- Banner Exchanges
- Link Exchanges
- Do Guest Blogging on other websites (and include a back-link to your website in your Guest Blog article's signature)
- Accept Guest Blogging on your site to attract free traffic to your site (note: this probably only works well if the guest blogger is worthy eg: has a reputation, or large following, etc. Don't forget that you are also potentially losing some traffic out of your website via the guest bloggers signature with a back-link to their own website... )
- Testimonials and Reviews - Why not ask your current customers for some reviews on all your products and or services? - These testimonials are great and they will help to sell your product or service probably more than you realize. You can also use them in your other marketing efforts too.
Paid Sales / Marketing Methods List:
- Paid Advertising - General - Google, etc
- Paid Advertising on Social Media - Facebook, etc
- Paid Advertising in Local Directories (eg: Yellow Pages, etc)
- Paid Advertising in Local Newspapers (print and online editions)
- Paid Directory Listings - Online Directories
- Paid Directory Listings - Offline Directories
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - Can be highly effective to bring in traffic, but it requires patience - it usually takes some months before you will see results, and an SEO campaign should be run for at least 6 -12 months (if not indefinitely) so it requires a large budget. Whilst awaiting results most SEO experts will recommend supplementing it with PPC (Pay-Per-Click) campaigns, for instant results.
- Paid Traffic - You can purchase traffic for your website for a fraction of the cost of most other paid marketing options. With some providers the web traffic can be targeted by both niche AND country. Whilst it cannot guarantee that any of the visitors will actually purchase your goods or services, purchased web traffic does help a new website get some traction and perhaps if you purchased enough traffic then you might get some sales too. It can also help to improve your website ranking (especially with "Alexa" traffic or "Google Analytics" traffic packages). You will have to be careful that the traffic provider is providing genuine visitors, and not bots - We recommend Web-Traffic-Services.com or WebTrafficAttack.com.
- Hire Telemarketers / Telemarketing Company - You can hire a team of telemarketers to promote and sell your products / services for you (Note: you will often be promoting a special offer which is available to consumers only via the telemarketer's promotion.... this "exclusivity" and the "sense of getting a good deal" helps the telemarketer to entice potential customers - We recommend that your telemarketing offer should be good enough to entice potential customers to commit to your offer "On the spot" ....)
- Press Releases. You can do it yourself for free if you are god at writing etc, but for maximum results you should hire a professional.
- (Paid) Product Reviews. You can hire companies that will find people willing to review your product or service.
- (Paid) Testimonials. As above, you can hire companies that will find people willing to provide testimonials and reviews of your products or services.