Last Modified: 13 August 2021
This BIS Web Directory policy statement explains the terms & conditions of URL Submission & listings in the BIS Web Directory and visitor use of the BIS Web Directory, and practices of the Business-In-Site.com site (the “Site”) in relation to the BIS Web Directory; it does not apply to other online or offline Business-In-Site.com sites, products or services or any other third-party websites or companies that may be advertised on this website. By submitting to, accessing or using the BIS Web Directory you are also consenting to the rules, conditions and use practices described in this policy statement.
On This Page:
- Who Can Submit Business Details to the BIS Web Directory?
- Rules & Conditions of BIS Web Directory Submissions
- Prohibited Types of Businesses / Websites
- BIS Web Directory - rejection refunds policy
- Resolutions & Disputes
- Enforcement of this Policy Statement
- Changes to this Statement
- Contact Information
Who Can Submit Business Details to the BIS Web Directory?
Anyone may submit providing they have paid their BIS Directory listing fee (if applicable) and their business is a legally registered business entity & their website conforms to our standards of entry requirements & is not one of the types of websites or businesses listed on our prohibited list.
NOTE: Submission does not guarantee entry into the BIS Web Directory.
All websites submitted will be reviewed for suitability & must also meet our minimum requirements and guidelines. We also give higher preference for listings that are or will be of relevance to our visitors & members.
Rules & Conditions of BIS Web Directory Submissions
All Web sites must be in English or have an English version available. Any hyperlinks displayed must direct visitors to the English-speaking version.
Web Design & Navigation:
All Web sites must be reasonably well designed and easy to navigate. They should also comply with regulations applicable in their countries of origin & any Internet regulations regarding design.
It is the responsibility of the submitting business or website to ensure all details & information submitted to & published in the BIS Web Directory are correct, and that they continue to be correct.
It is the responsibility of the submitting business or website to ensure all hyperlinks submitted & subsequently published in the BIS Web Directory are correct, are working, and continue to be correct & working.
Publishing Guidelines Adherence:
It is the responsibility of the submitting business or website to ensure publishing guidelines are followed, including advertisement restrictions or other restrictions which may apply (such as the number of letters allowed, size of images allowed, etc). If any material supplied to us requires editing for placement purposes or the like it will be modified by BIS at our discretion as required & without notification where possible, or it may be rejected altogether & a request made that it be re-submitted correctly.
Misleading Advertising / Deceptive Wording:
It is the responsibility of the submitting business or website to ensure that their BIS Web Directory listing and / or any advertisements placed anywhere within the Business-In-Site website are free from any misleading information or statements. Any use of misleading advertising or deceptive statements / wording will result in termination of services and permanent removal from the BIS Web Directory & Business-In-Site website. No refunds will be issued and any monies paid will be forfeited.
No promotional language is to be used in BIS Web Directory website listings (such as "The Best...." or "World's No. One..........." ). Any promotional wording submitted will be removed & the listing edited by BIS, or it may be rejected altogether & a request made for a re-submission without the use of promotional language.
Websites or businesses of the type listed or described in our Prohibited list (see next section below) must not apply for entry into the BIS Web Directory.
Prohibited Types of Businesses / Websites
The following types of businesses / websites are prohibited from listing or advertising in the BIS Web Directory;
- Any website or business related to or depicting pornography, obscenities, illegal drugs, illegal drug paraphernalia, illegal activities (including warez sites, sites providing hacking & virus-making tools etc) or weapons.
- Any website or business which portrays or incites violence, cruelty (including animal cruelty & abuse) racism, hatred, or terrorist acts.
- Any website or business which promotes tobacco or tobacco related products, or gambling.
- Any website or business which promotes prescription drugs or prescription drug related products.
- Any website or business which attempts to 'scam' customers, or seeks to obtain financial gain from dishonest methods such as "phishing".
- Any websites using names, designs or trademarks etc similar to other products, businesses or websites in order to deceive visitors / steal traffic etc.
- Any website or business attempting to illegally 'spam' customers or which uses spam mailing methods.
- Any website or business promoting or using illegal or 'Black-Hat" SEO techniques, products or services.
- Any website which operates via mirror sites, proxy servers or any other deceptive means in order to deceive visitors into visiting a different site to that which is described (legitimate proxy server or mirror site usage is OK).
- Any website or business attempting to deliberately infect customers computers (by placing hidden viruses, spyware or other electronic bots / malware in their web pages).
- Any websites which are merely Affiliate Program links or link-farms.
- Cookie-Cutter websites
Any websites or businesses found to be of any of the above types will be immediately removed from the BIS Web Directory and any fees, charges or memberships paid to Business-In-Site.com will be forfeited.
BIS Web Directory - Rejection Refunds Policy
If a website is rejected by BIS following the review process, a portion or even all of the fees paid may be retained by BIS in order to cover the cost of the review, depending on the type of listing chosen.
However, if a website is one of the prohibited types described in our Prohibited Sites list and is submitted & subsequently rejected, then no refund will be issued & all monies paid will be forfeited.
To learn more about the BIS Web Directory's pricing details please contact us.
Resolutions & Disputes
In the event of any disputes we will naturally try to resolve matters, however if such matters cannot be resolved then they will only be heard in a court that resides within the location of Business-In-Site's headquarters in Victoria.
Enforcement of this Policy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you can contact Business-In-site.com via our Contact Us page.
Changes to this Statement
We may occasionally update this BIS Web Directory Policy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "Last Updated / Last Modified" date at the top of the policy statement. For material changes to this statement, we will notify you either by placing a notice on the home page and /or relevant pages of our Web site or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this policy statement to stay informed about BIS Web Directory policies. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this policy statement and any updates.
Business-In-Site.com welcomes your comments regarding the BIS Directory Policy statement. If you believe that Business-In-Site.com has not adhered to this policy statement, please contact us electronically via our contact us form on this site, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
End of document.