How to add "No-Follow" rule to SOBI2 (Joomla extension)
Adding the no-follow (rel="no_follow") links rule to the excellent Joomla extension SOBI2 is easy in the latest version of SOBI2, and after recently answering a plea for advice on a SOBI forum I thought I'd include it here for anyone else who might need it (....which by the number of questions on the forum for this particular matter, might be quite a few), so here it is:
- In the back-end of Joomla, go to the SOBI component.
- Go to (general) "Configuration"
- Go to "Registry Editor" (it's marked as "experimental" in recent SOBI2 versions .....).
- Go down the Registry list until you find: "Section: URL".
- Then simply put in the field numbers that you want to add no follow attributes to (the default is #8 - for Website URLs - , but if you've changed the order or have added any extra custom fields containing URLs you'll need to add those as well, separated by a comma - and take out #8 if it no longer corresponds to a URL / link...).
- THEN: TICK the box ...(I actually missed that obvious point the first time - it's called fatigue, from setting up a website.....)
- Press save. And you should be right.
It's a good idea to write down the ID number of any fields you wish to include BEFORE you begin (......including any custom ones you may have added when setting up your SOBI form- the default one for website URLs is #8 , however if you've added any additional custom fields to your form then as a result the default #8 field may have moved up or down the list, & may now be eg: number 11......). To find the list of field IDs for your system, go to "Custom Fields Manager" section within the SOBI2 (general) Configuration section......
What Others On This Site Are Reading:
Karen is the co-founder of Business-In-Site.com and is an expert on WordPress with over8+ years experience building WordPress websites for clients. She has written hundreds of articles and is the lead writer and editor for Business-In-site.